At Smart Voyages, we understand that how we collect, use, disclose and protect your information is important to you. That’s why we are committed to constantly updating our privacy policies and processes to ensure they are best practice and meet the standards of all relevant local legislation.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Depending on the circumstances, in the course of providing a service to you, Smart Voyages may collect and hold personal information such as:
- your name, date of birth, gender, postal address, telephone number, email address, passport details and travel insurance details (where applicable)
- special types of data: In some circumstances we may need to collect information from you that is deemed sensitive. For example, we might collect data about your health. Knowing your dietary requirements and any medical conditions you have will ensure that the trip is suitable for you and any necessary adjustments are made
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries
- any additional information relating to you that you or a third party has provided to us directly or indirectly through our travelers’ or agents’ phone enquiry lines, websites, online presence, customer surveys or to our in-store or other representatives
We try to limit any sensitive personal data we collect to the minimum possible. Unless we have a specific lawful reason to use this information, we will ask for your consent to collect it.
If you visit our website or use our mobile applications, we may also collect information that is not personal information to improve the experience for our customers. This information may include the pages you visit, your IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit. We cannot identify you individually from this information. Some of this information is collected using cookies.
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You may volunteer this information when we request information from you, contact us (and vice versa), make a booking, register interest for and/or enter a competition, subscribe to one of our newsletters, use our website(s)/apps, link to or from our website(s)/apps, connect with us via social media, by speaking to a consultant in-store or any other engagement we or our business partners have with you.
We may also receive the information from a third party, for example:
- from people making travel bookings on your behalf
- from other companies and business partners
- your insurer, their agents or medical staff may disclose relevant information and sensitive personal information with us in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency
You represent and warrant to us that you have obtained all required consents and are fully authorized to disclose all personal information you provide to us including without limitation personal information of your friends and family members provided in connection with making travel bookings.
WHY DO WE COLLECT, USE, HOLD AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of customer service.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your information for the following purposes:
- administering services, we are providing to you such as arranging your tour booking
- manage our relationship with you, including updates about your tour booking and handling complaints
- to contact you in the event of an emergency
- providing relevant information, which may include sensitive personal information, to insurers, their agents and medical staff in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency.
- for identification of fraud or error or for regulatory reporting and compliance
When you provide your personal information to Smart Voyages to make an online booking, your contact details may be temporarily retained even if the transaction is not completed.
We are only permitted to store your personal information for as long as necessary having regard to the purposes for which it was collected or a related or ancillary purpose. We may therefore delete your personal information after a reasonable period of time and, if you have not used our services for some time, you may have to re-enter or re-supply your personal information to us.
WHO DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION TO?
We may disclose your personal information as follows:
- We may disclose your personal information to our employees, contractors or third party service providers fulfilling requests by you, managing your bookings, responding to your enquiries and to otherwise provide products and services to you, including, without limitation, to airlines, tour companies, travel agencies, payment processors, electronic network administrators, and professional advisors such as accountants, business advisors and consultants.
- We may share aggregated non-personal information with third parties, such as our travel industry partners to analyze trends and further improve our service to you.
- We may share information with third parties in limited circumstances without your consent where we reasonably believe the disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or for certain action to be undertaken by an enforcement body (e.g. prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences), where disclosure is authorized or required by law or disclosure is otherwise permitted by applicable privacy laws.
- In order for you to travel abroad, we may disclose your personal information where disclosure is required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination to process your information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
Smart Voyages has implemented various physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss and misuse, and from unauthorized access, modification, disclosure and interference.
Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is secure, as the internet is inherently insecure, any personal information or other information you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
CREDIT CARD SECURITY
- All online payments are secured by the Visa company Cyber Source which is an E-commerce credit card payment system management
- Credit card information is transmitted immediately to a payment gateway solution via an encrypted port
- Smart Voyages does not store your credit card number in any of our systems
- All credit card payments receive an identification number that is proof of the transaction’s acceptance into the banking system. This identification number can be used to trace any transaction back to the credit card issuer (for example, the bank that issued the MasterCard, or VISA credit card)
- Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed
You can contact our Privacy Officer by emailing us at email@example.com